TrueFire – Chord Melody Cafe – Mark Stefani
(.mp4) in an interactive shell | English | PDF tabs + MP3 jam tracks | 854 x 480 | AVC ~957 kbps | 29.970 fps
AAC 128 Kbps 48.0 KHz | 2 channels | 249 minutes | 2.14 GB
Genre: eLearning Video / Guitar lesson
Mark Stefani, a top-notch solo guitar player with a pedigree a mile long, is also one of the most prolific and well-rounded guitar instructors we have the pleasure of working with. Mark’s recent TrueFire course, Jazzed Blues, remains at the top of our charts and his monthly lessons always rank in the top ten. Chord Melody Cafe, an interactive video course, focuses solely on chord melody for intermediate to advanced and pro players.
The course leverages TrueFire’s new interactive video quick-learning system to get players up and running quickly without hours of tedious theory and exercises.
Chord Melody Cafe is a hands-on playing course, which guides the student through 15 chord melody arrangements of familiar pop and jazz tunes.
Here’s how Chord Melody Cafe is presented:
– All 15 arrangements are broken down into bite-size chunks through a series of interactive video lesson segments.
– Video segments demonstrate the part as written and then breaks it down note-by-note, voicing-by-voicing.
– The instructor also demonstrates alternate voicings and provides tips on technique and presentation.
– Most importantly, you will learn how to develop your “voice” and craft your own chord melody arrangements.
– A text description overviews the tune and provides background on chord melody and solo guitar.
– Power Tab is included (interactive tablature), so you can see, hear and slow down the tablature and notation.
Mark Stefani, son of noted West Coast jazz trombonist Roy Stefani, has devoted most of his life to music. He began playing the guitar in 1969, and was inspired by his father along with Bay Area jazz guitarist Eddie Duran. Mark received his early jazz education while studying with guitarist Dave Smith, and later began his classical training under the guidance of George Sakellariou at the San Francisco Conservatory of Music.
Stefani is a highly eclectic guitarist, though best noted for his skill in the rhythm & blues and jazz idioms. Throughout his career, his influences have included legendary guitarists George Benson, Wes Montgomery, and Kenny Burrell, jazz pianist Oscar Peterson, saxophonists Charlie Parker and John Coltrane, plus numerous other jazz and blues virtuosos. On the acoustic guitar, Mark has amassed a repertoire of well over 700 instrumental classical, popular, jazz, and latin standards. In 1986 he began composing original music in a broad variety of styles to match his diverse background. To date, he’s written hundreds of compositions.